Lionel Messi’s move to PSG has scuppered Cristiano Ronaldo’s hopes of joining the French club. The Real Madrid star was expected to sign for the Ligue 1 giants, but Messi’s arrival in Paris has made that impossible.
Lionel Messi’s dream of playing for PSG has been scuppered by Cristiano Ronaldo. Read more in detail here: messi transfer.
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer window is entering its last month, which means the top teams are trying to make a statement in the market before the new season starts. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
TOP STORY: Where Does Ronaldo Go From Here?
With sources telling ESPN that Lionel Messi has decided to join Paris Saint-Germain, AS reports that fellow football god Cristiano Ronaldo will be keeping an eye on the issue for a very different purpose.
The Portugal talisman has been linked with a move away from Juventus, with his discontent allegedly stemming from the club’s poor Champions League performances.
PSG is believed to be one of the few teams interested in acquiring the 36-year-old, but bringing in Messi would make any move for Ronaldo impossible, even if no transfer money is required.
There has also been discussion of Kylian Mbappe joining Real Madrid, but it is thought that even selling the 22-year-old for a large sum would not be enough to help get Ronaldo to Parc des Princes.
While the prospect of Ronaldo and Messi playing together on the same squad is enough to thrill any football fan, it seems that this is unlikely to materialize.
This complicates matters for Ronaldo as he plans his path out of Turin.
– ESPN+ viewers guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup, and more – ESPN+ viewers guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup, and more
Cristiano Ronaldo’s hopes of joining Paris Saint-Germain in the future may be dashed if the French giants acquire Leo Messi. Getty
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– When they were at Bayern Munich, Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben were one of the most dangerous winger duos in recent times. While the Dutch international has retired, Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Ribery may return to Bavaria as the club seeks a replacement for Kingsley Coman, who was rejected by Fiorentina. There haven’t been any talks yet, but the 38-year-old is training with Bayern and might be a cost-effective alternative at a time when finances are tight due to the coronavirus.
– According to the Express, Manchester United wants to recover the £50 million they paid for Anthony Martial in 2015. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has a wealth of offensive skill at his disposal, and as United seek to sell players, the Frenchman may be forced to go. Everton and Internazionale are reportedly interested in signing the 25-year-old.
– AC Milan is searching for a creative player, and Calciomercato has compiled a list of potential candidates. Josip Ilicic of Atalanta, Hakim Ziyech of Chelsea, Nikola Vlasic of CSKA Moscow, Isco of Real Madrid, and James Rodriguez of Everton are among the players selected.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, Arsenal is still keeping an eye on Martin Odegaard’s position at Real Madrid. The Norwegian has long been their top aim to replace the No. 10 spot, and Arsenal will make an offer if he and Los Blancos decide to split ways permanently.
– After losing Jack Grealish to Manchester City, Kevin Campbell expects Aston Villa to continue their pursuit of Southampton midfielder James Ward-Prowse, according to Football Insider. “Villa won’t hold back,” the former striker said. “They know they have money, but they want to spend it properly.”
- how old is cristiano ronaldo
- where is lionel messi from
- how much is ronaldo worth