Inter Milan’s owner, Erick Thohir, has announced that he is selling the club to a Chinese consortium for $700 million. The sale comes on the heels of an acrimonious season in which the Nerazzurri finished 10th in Serie A and lost their Champions League spot.
The romelu lukaku is a Belgian footballer who plays as a striker for Premier League club Everton and the Belgium national team. He has been linked with a move to Chelsea.
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer window is entering its last month, which means the top teams are trying to make a statement in the market before the new season starts. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
TOP STORY: Inter mutiny as Lukaku joins Chelsea
It seems to be taking place. Following Inter Milan’s rejection of Chelsea’s €100 million plus Marcos Alonso deal earlier this week, a pure cash proposal of €130 million seems to be enough to bring Romelu Lukaku back to Stamford Bridge.
The news hasn’t gone down well at Inter, with Gazzetta dello Sport claiming that CEO Beppe Marotta and coach Simone Inzaghi are furious that the club’s owners, Suning, have accepted the offer against their preferences.
According to Corriere dello Sport, Inzaghi is “furious” since he believed he’d just have to sell Achraf Hakimi. According to the report, Marotta, along with other directors Piero Ausilio and Dario Baccin, may quit. Stefan de Vrij, a 29-year-old centre-back, may now want to depart, according to the report.
It’s unclear if any of the Lukaku funds will be made available to Inzaghi in order for him to buy a successor, and fans have already begun protesting over unfulfilled transfer promises.
Lukaku has scored 64 goals in 95 appearances for Inter in all competitions over the previous two seasons, helping them win the Scudetto. However, according to the report, he has informed Inter that he wants to return to Chelsea.
Suning informed Inter’s management that player sales must generate €80 million this year, and that the salary bill must be reduced by 20%. Hakimi was sold to PSG for €71 million, but there were no other cost-cutting moves in the works when the Lukaku trade was approved.
After joining Chelsea for €12 million from Anderlecht in 2011, the 28-year-old spent three seasons on the club’s books. However, he only made 15 appearances in all competitions, failing to score a goal, and instead spent time on loan at West Bromwich Albion and Everton before making the permanent move to Goodison Park. Lukaku believes he has unfinished business at Chelsea and wants to return to the club to prove himself.
– Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – A viewer’s guide to the Bundesliga, LaLiga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+
Manchester City’s pursuit of Harry Kane will not be hampered by the cost of signing Jack Grealish, according to reports. Nicol Campo/LightRocket photo via Getty Images
11.33 BST: According to ESPN, Tottenham Hotspur will announce the €55 million acquisition of Atalanta defender Cristian Romero within the next 48 hours.
On Thursday, the 23-year-old completed the last portion of his physical, and assuming no problems, he will travel to London to complete the paperwork.
Spurs have completed a deal for €50 million plus €5 million in add-ons, making it the club’s second most expensive signing following Tanguy Ndombele’s €60 million move from Lyon in July 2019.
It would also be the third signing under new head coach Nuno Espirito Santo’s term, after the loan signings of goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini from Atalanta and Bryan Gil from Sevilla, with Erik Lamela moving the other way.
10.51 BST: Nuno Espirito Santo, the manager of Tottenham Hotspur, is yet to talk with Harry Kane and has acknowledged that the club must “address the problem” of the striker’s future as he pursues a world-record-breaking transfer to Manchester City.
Kane missed Wednesday’s 2-2 friendly match at Chelsea due to his failure to arrive for preseason training on time at the start of the week, but he is likely to return at the weekend if he tests negative for COVID-19 after his Caribbean vacation.
“It’s not that I don’t want to comment,” Nuno stated. “I think we should address all of this internally among ourselves and try to prevent any sort of public dispute or conversation about it.” “We, on the other hand, must concentrate on what is most essential. We must resolve the issue, but first and foremost between ourselves. We work with the club to resolve the issue internally. Speaking and attempting to find a better solution and end to this problem.”
When asked whether he had talked with Kane, Nuno replied: “I’ll tell you that I expect to speak with Harry soon and haven’t got the opportunity yet. Anything relating to Harry is an internal matter, therefore first and foremost, we must resolve the issues internally, after which I will talk with you.”
Lionel Messi is expected to sign a new deal with Barcelona later today at 10.05 BST. Messi, 34, is a free agent after his Barca contract ended at the end of June, but ESPN sources claim that a new five-year contract has been agreed upon. According to sources, Messi has agreed to a substantial salary cut in order to extend his stay.
However, because to LaLiga’s tight expenditure restrictions, Barca has struggled to integrate Messi into their pay structure. However, Barca received a lift on Wednesday when the league announced a €2.7 billion ($3.2 billion) financial infusion that would be distributed to teams.
Messi and his father are expected to arrive at the club’s training facility around 4 p.m. CET, with an announcement expected within hours.
09.19 a.m. BST: Paul Pogba’s future has been a topic of discussion in Transfer Talk for the better part of a decade, and it doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon. According to the Daily Telegraph, Pogba intends to make a decision on his future before the end of the transfer window on Aug. 31, when his Manchester United contract will expire after just 10 months.
Paris Saint-Germain is keeping an eye on Pogba, 28, and they may wait until the last minute to make a move.
08.30 BST: Sky Sports claims that Aston Villa are preparing to intensify their pursuit of Norwich City midfielder Todd Cantwell, with Jack Grealish set to join Manchester City for £100 million.
Cantwell, 23, is in the last year of his contract, and the Canaries must cash in or risk losing him for nothing next summer.
Villa have already signed Norwich’s Emiliano Buendia, Southampton’s Danny Ings, and Bayer Leverkusen’s Leon Bailey.
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– Atalanta are preparing a move for Tammy Abraham, with the Serie A club convinced that if Romelu Lukaku joins Chelsea, Internazionale would come knocking for striker Duvan Zapata. La Dea will meet with the Premier League club in the coming days, according to Fabrizio Romano, for the 23-year-old who has been left out of Thomas Tuchel’s first-team plans.
– Barcelona goalkeeper Neto is drawing Premier League attention, with Arsenal and Everton both interested in signing him. According to Sport, both teams have been keeping an eye on the 32-year-old, who is also on Villarreal’s radar. The player wants to go for regular first-team action, and a deal for about €15 million is said to be on the table.
– According to the Daily Mail, Newcastle United are interested in signing Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Oliver Skipp. The 20-year-efforts old’s in the Championship last season, which helped Norwich City win promotion to the Premier League, allegedly pleased Steve Bruce. Nuno Espirito Santo is likely to make a late decision on whether to send the midfielder out on loan or keep him in the first team squad.
– According to the Sun, Houssem Aouar is holding out for a transfer to the United Arab Emirates. The teams have been unable to reach an agreement on Leicester City’s £60 million asking price due to their lack of movement in a deal for James Maddison. The North London club may target the 23-year-old Lyon star, who is eager on a transfer to the Premier League, since he is available at a cheaper price after the Ligue 1 side lost out on the Champions League.
- lukaku stats
- inter milan champions league
- inter milan schedule