Are you looking for a way to join the game that’s been trending around on social media? Whether you’re a Chromebook user or not, getting in on the Valorant action is easier than you might think. In this blog, we’ll show you how to play Valorant on any Chromebook – no extra hardware or software required!
Get ready to join the fray and take your gaming experience to the next level with one of the hottest games currently out there.
Valorant is a team-based 5v5 character-based tactical shooter video game developed and published by Riot Games. The game was released in June 2020, and can be played on Xbox, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, and MacOS. Chromebook users have recently had the opportunity to play Valorant too, thanks to the new Google Play Store access for Chromebooks. It allows players to play high-end Android games including Valorant on Chromebooks with just one click.
In this guide, we will show you how you can play Valorant on your Chromebook with ease. Before get started, make sure your Chrome OS system version is 69 or above in order to use apps from the Google Play Store. After that follow the steps below:
- Open up Google Play Store from your Chrombook’s App Launcher
- Search for ‘Valorant’ in the store and hit Install
- Once downloaded you will find the Valorant icon in your launcher, launch it
- Follow the download instructions to install Valorant on your computer
- Create an account using your personal credentials and log into it
- Download all updates available for Valorant before starting a game
- Once downloaded and installed you are ready to start playing! Enjoy!
What is Valorant?
Valorant is a tactical shooter video game developed and published by Riot Games. The game features a number of characters, called agents, each with their own special abilities and playstyles. Players compete in 5v5 matches, using teamwork and calculated strategy to defeat enemies with guns, abilities, and utility items.
The objective of the game is to plant or defuse the bomb at the designated Rally Point. Depending on the selected mode, teams may have to also eliminate all enemies or gain control of areas on the map in order to win a round. Players are awarded points for kills and completing objectives, ultimately leading to victory at the end of a best-of-24-rounds match.
Sorry Chromebook users – Riot has yet to make Valorant available on Chrome OS devices due to technical limitations – but there are ways you can still enjoy Valorant on your Chromebook!
Requirements for Playing Valorant on Chromebook
Valorant is an online multi-player shooter video game, developed and published by Riot Games. It’s called one of the best shooters in the market right now. As exciting as playing this game is, some players may be limited to their computer models. Playing Valorant on a Chromebook can be challenging due to its different operating system compared to Windows or Mac OS X.
However, Chromebook users can still join in the fun of Valorant with a few extra steps needed for setup. For users who want to play from their Chromebook, here are the requirements for running Valorant:
- Google Chrome version 70 or higher
- 4GB RAM
- Intel Celeron N3350, Intel Pentium N4200 CPUs with Intel HD Graphics 505/ 500 or better
- Storage: minimum 4 GB available space
- Internet connection
How to play valorant on chromebook
Valorant is a free-to-play tactical shooter game developed by Riot Games. It has become a massive hit recently, but unfortunately, the game is not officially supported by Chromebooks yet. However, that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on all the fun. There are ways to play Valorant on your Chromebook if you can’t wait for an official release. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can do it:
- Install Chrome Remote Desktop: This tool allows you to remotely control one computer from another one within the same network and across different networks as well. To get started, install Chrome Remote Desktop on your Chromebook and any other system that you wish to use to play Valorant (e.g., Windows PC or Mac).
- Set up Windows PC for remote access: Configure your alternate system so that it can be accessed via Chrome Remote Desktop from your Chromebook and enable remote access from other computers (doors). Make sure all active firewalls are disabled and antivirus software is updated before moving forward with this step.
- Install Valorant on Windows PC: Open Chrome Remote Desktop and select “Remote connection” option from the pop-up menu that appears when attempting to connect from another device (in this case, your Chromebook). Once connected successfully, use the installed client app on Windows PC to download Valorant (you will need an internet connection).
- Play Valorant on Chromebook: Now open Chrome Remote Desktop again while connected remotely and start up the game within its launcher window using either WASD or mouse controls – both of which work just fine! Enjoy playing Valorant right away without having an official release enabled yet for Chromebook devices!
Tips and Tricks for Playing Valorant on Chromebook
Valorant is an action-packed 5-on-5 shooter game that has grown in popularity since its release in 2020. The game is available for Windows, macOS and Linux users and can now be played on Chromebooks as well. If you’re new to Valorant, here are some tips and tricks for playing the game on your Chromebook that will help you get started.
- Install the mobile version of the application first: The mobile version of Valorant isn’t as feature-rich and powerful as the desktop version, but it allows Chromebook owners to try out the game and get an idea of what they’re getting into before they decide to play with their full system resources.
- Connect an external keyboard & mouse: While most laptops now have touchscreens, they don’t provide precise control over movement or accuracy when aiming guns at enemies. To improve your gaming experience, connect a keyboard and mouse to your Chromebook, which will allow you to have much greater control over all aspects of Valorant gameplay.
- Adjust system settings: Go into your Chromebook’s settings menu to fine-tune some basic settings that can affect performance when playing games such as display scaling, battery optimization, color calibration etc. Making small changes here can significantly improve frame rate levels during gameplay on a typical Chromebook from HD graphics level upscaling (which may be too demanding) down to Standard/Full Customization configuration (which provides better performance).
- Use a controller: Some players use controllers like Xbox One or Sony DualShock 4 controllers for more accurate input than a keyboard & mouse setup can provide – this often increases accuracy during shooting games such as Valorant. Keep in mind though that controller support isn’t great with Valorant on Chrome OS – it usually works best with games like Fortnite and other PC shooter games so pay attention if you choose this option while playing Valorant!
In conclusion, playing Valorant on a Chromebook is possible but it’s not as easy as playing on other computers. You will need to make sure you have the right specs and be able to access an Android emulator before you can enjoy the game. Although this type of set up might be a bit more complicated than most, the effort is well worth the reward if you want to play your favorite game on your Chromebook!
Just remember that it may not always run as smoothly or look as good as it does when playing on other devices, so keep that in mind. We hope this guide was helpful and that you now have a better understanding of how to play Valorant on a Chromebook. Good luck, have fun and happy gaming!