With its sparkling turquoise waters, white-sand beaches, and luxurious overwater bungalows, Bora Bora is a true paradise for travelers. Overwater bungalows provide a unique experience of sleeping on crystal-clear waters and are often considered a must-stay accommodation on a trip to Bora Bora.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the best overwater bungalows in Bora Bora and provide information on how much an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora costs.
Overview of Bora Bora
Bora Bora is a small South Pacific island. Located northwest of Tahiti in the Society Islands archipelago of French Polynesia, it lies 247 km (153 mi) northwest of Papeete. The island, a major international tourist destination famous for its aqua-centric luxury resorts, is surrounded by a lagoon and barrier reef. In the center of the island are the remnants of an extinct volcano rising to two peaks, Mount Pahia and Mount Otemanu, the highest point at 727 m (2,385 ft).
The soft white sand beaches and crystal clear blue waters make Bora Bora a paradise for beachgoers worldwide. Overwater bungalows line much of the shoreline, providing visitors with direct access to the few activities that make this small island so popular – snorkeling and scuba diving among them. With some fantastic resorts offering private experiences under palm leaf roofs and plenty of opportunity to explore underwater life, it’s easy to see why this little piece of paradise is one of the most sought-after locations in the world.
When it comes to a vacation in Bora Bora, there’s nothing quite like staying in an overwater bungalow. With stunning views out over the sparkling lagoon, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience. But how much does an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora actually cost? We’ll look at the different accommodation options available and what the prices are.
Overview of Overwater Bungalows
Overwater bungalows, or overwater villas, are luxurious accommodation buildings with direct access to the sea and breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. These are ideal retreats for vacationers who want to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of city life and relax in nature’s lap. Bora Bora is beautiful island in French Polynesia and a popular honeymoon destination with amazing beaches, lagoon landscape and stunning overwater bungalows spread across it.
Overwater bungalows can vary immensely by size, amenities, location and price. Some lodging features can include:
- Outdoor decks with a private pool overlooking the lagoon
- Hammock swings suspended over crystal clear waters for sipping on coconut cocktails
- Glass floors featuring colorful sea life; which may include colorful fish, star fish etc.
It is advisable to research your options before you book as some hotels charge extra for features like- sunset cruises, spa facilities or snorkel gear rentals etc. A wide range of budget options are available for individuals who are looking for an inexpensive getaway.
One of the best aspects about staying in an overwater bungalow is waking up early each morning to witness an idyllic sunrise on a coral reed deck to make your experience unforgettable!
Types of Overwater Bungalows
From pristine beaches to volcanic peaks, Bora Bora boasts breathtaking views and is the ideal spot for a romantic vacation or getaway. For visitors looking to truly enjoy the magic of this Polynesian paradise, why not stay in one of its iconic overwater bungalows?
Bora Bora offers a number of packages and accommodation options suitable for all budgets and preferences. Popular accommodations such as resorts, private villas and five-star hotels provide a peaceful escape without sacrificing any luxury – however, it’s the overwater bungalow that is most sought after.
When looking for an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora, be aware of different types – whether you’re looking for something close to the beach or with stunning views from the edge of your room. There are numerous different kinds available in the area:
- Standard Overwater Bungalows: These are basic rooms on stilts above the waters off-shore from many beachfront resorts in Bora Bora. You can expect simple but clean guest rooms with private balconies decked out with sun loungers providing guests time to relax out over the water. These are excellent accommodation choices for those who want easy access to all that these resorts have to offer while also having access to its location over the lagoon itself.
- Deluxe Overwater Bungalows: For those who prefer more luxury during their stay; deluxe overwater bungalows come equipped with modern amenities including air conditioning, larger bathrooms, a whirlpool tub overlooking beautiful lagoons plus added features like pontoons connected directly outside your room. Deluxe overwater bungalows should provide you with an ultimate sense of relaxation as they are often set slightly further away from other guests providing more privacy and amazing ocean views.
- Premium Overwater Bungalows: Perfect for special occasions or prolonged vacationers; premium overwater bungalows are considered by many tourists as one of life’s greatest luxuries! Usually offered as part of larger resort chains; some details might include greater bedroom space including master bedrooms away from other areas, personal kitchenettes plus private plunge pools allowing guests to take full advantage of their island oasis right beside their very own suite!
When it comes to picking the best overwater bungalows in Bora Bora, there are a variety of amenities to consider. Each type of accommodation offers something different for couples and families alike. From luxury beachfront villas to spa-style resorts, there is something for everyone!
The most common types of amenities offered include:
- Stunning views and access to private beaches, infinity pools, top-notch spas and world-class restaurants.
- Many resorts have extensive fitness centers for guests who want to stay active during their vacation.
- Other activities such as snorkeling, jet skiing and paddleboarding may be available depending on the resort you choose.
For those looking for a truly authentic experience, many resorts offer unique activities like scuba diving trips or traditional Polynesian dancing lessons. Whatever your preference is, you can find an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora that’s right for you!
How much is an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora
Overwater bungalows in Bora Bora can be a luxurious way to enjoy the island. Many resorts offer overwater bungalows with different levels of luxury, ranging from budget-friendly to high-end.
When it comes to cost and booking for an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora, there are a few things you need to consider. In this article, we will explore the factors that can affect the cost and the process of booking an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora:
Average Cost of Overwater Bungalows
The cost of staying in an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora can vary greatly depending on the hotel, resort, and time of year. Prices generally start from around $600 per night for a basic bungalow and can range up to over $2,000 per night for a luxurious villa. Many resorts have seasonal pricing variations. The cost may also reflect the area where you are booking such as whether it’s on the main island or one of the small motus (islets) close by or even their own private island.
When planning your trip, check which services and amenities are included and ensure you have researched any offers or packages that may reduce your costs. Booking directly with the resort or with an online travel agency (OTA) such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, etc., can help reduce costs too. If you’re part of a loyalty program with an airline or hotel group always check for discounts there as well.
For travelers looking to get the most bang for their buck, booking the best possible overwater bungalows in Bora Bora can be a challenging task. There are a few important things to keep in mind when researching and booking your ideal accommodation.
- Pay attention to the cost of each room. Prices often vary based on seasonal availability and individual lodging website perspectives. To make sure you’re scoring the best deal, compare different booking options and assess the details of each property before finalizing your purchase.
- Confirm what type of amenities are included in your stay, as well as any extra fees that may not be listed on the property website. Some resorts offer additional activities for an added fee, such as water sports or snorkeling equipment rentals.
- Assess your cost analysis carefully, so you know exactly what you’re paying for and what’s included upfront, without any hidden costs or surprises down the line.
- Determine if there are any benefit programs associated with specific booking options that can offer additional savings or rewards points. Some popular travel websites or loyalty programs may offer discount rates when staying at qualifying hotels or resorts in select locations around the world – including ones located in Bora Bora – so make sure to peruse all available options when making your selection!
Best Overwater Bungalows
Bora Bora is a popular destination for Caribbean lovers and a top-rated holiday spot, especially for newly married couples. Overwater bungalows are a popular way of accommodation here and will provide you with an unforgettable experience. The crystal clear waters, the lush vegetation, and breathtaking views make Bora Bora one of the best places to stay.
Let’s explore the best overwater bungalows in Bora Bora and how much they cost:
Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora
Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora is located on a stunning, secluded white-sand beach surrounded by a necklace of small islands. It offers luxurious overwater bungalows with plush bedding, separate living areas and oversized terrace decks that allow you to enjoy views of the Blue Lagoon.
Luxurious amenities and activities are available, including the private Catamaran Cruise for two, onsite world-class spa services, scuba diving adventures and romantic sunset cruises. Enjoy fine dining at several restaurants ranging from French Polynesian cuisine to Italian specialties. This exclusive resort also offers 24-hour room service and complimentary daily breakfast for guests’ added convenience.
Le Meridien Bora Bora
Le Meridien Bora Bora is an iconic destination that offers some of the finest overwater bungalows in all of French Polynesia. The 16 bungalows situated on stilts over the crystal-clear waters of Motu Matu have direct access to a private beach and several snorkeling spots.
This exclusive luxe resort ensures that guests are well taken care of with unique amenities such as complimentary daily yoga and surf classes, a cutting-edge spa, four top-tier restaurants and bars, an infinity pool, and an open-air chapel for blessed events like weddings or renewing your vows.
For staying in style in Paradise, the 64 Deluxe Overwater and 9 Premium Overwater Bungalow come fully equipped with luxurious amenities such as air conditioning, king-size beds, satellite TV, ceiling fan rain showers, mini bar stocked with snacks and refreshments as well as room service available 24 hours per day. Furthermore guests can also enjoy two fresh water jacuzzis installed on the deck areas of nearly all suites that offer stunning views of crystal clear ocean waters along with mesmerizing views of mountains on nearby Tevaitoa Island.
The St. Regis Bora Bora
The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort is a five-star oceanfront property that features luxurious private overwater bungalows. Each bungalow features state-of-the-art technology and amenities, and comes with its own private deck for soaking up panoramic views of the lagoons of French Polynesia.
The resort is home to several award-winning restaurants, a world-wide golf course, spa, pool and beach club – making it an ideal destination for travelers looking to experience the best of Bora Bora in total comfort. Other amenities include complimentary butler service and sailboat excursions.
Guests have the opportunity to take snorkel trips around nearby coral gardens, as well as kayak or SUP tours through clear waters of the lagoon – all part of the ultimate tropical getaway:
- Snorkel trips around nearby coral gardens
- Kayak or SUP tours through clear waters of the lagoon
- Complimentary butler service
- Sailboat excursions
InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa
InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa is an exquisite choice for a luxury stay, offering breathtaking views of Mount Otemanu and its lush emerald valleys. Located on Motu Piti Aau, this resort presents the ideal combination of romance, beauty, and tranquility.
Its unique overwater bungalows feature glass-bottom floors that offer superb views of the abundant coral gardens below. Guests can lounge in their luxurious villas or bask in the warm tropical sunshine while they relax with a massage or body treatment at the spa.
The resort also offers a wide selection of delectable dining options, as well as a variety of water sports, including snorkeling and kayaking. Whether you’re looking for an exotic place to enjoy some quality time with someone special or simply craving a romantic getaway in paradise, InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa provides the perfect backdrop for any occasion.
Having explored the best overwater bungalows in Bora Bora, it’s clear that there are lots of amazing places to stay, with a range of facilities and amenities to suit every type of traveler. From luxurious, private villas with incredible views to more affordable bungalows, everyone can find something special in this magical location.
For a luxurious holiday experience that money can buy, the Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa is definitely one of the top choices—offering spectacular views and some of the best service and facilities you could ask for. For those looking for less expensive accommodation without compromising on quality and comfort, Intercontinental Thalasso Resort is an excellent option with plenty of fantastic amenities.
Wherever you choose to stay in this beautiful part of the world, the best overwater bungalows in Bora Bora offer all necessary comforts for creating perfect holiday memories.