Borussia Dortmund have made it perfectly clear that they are not interested in taking former Red Bull New York winger Julian Green back to the Bundesliga, despite persistent reports that the German club are watching the ex-USA international.
Good news Borussia Dortmund fans! After months of speculation, it seems as though your favorite club has decided to move to the U.S. Borussia, ever since signing Jadon Sancho, have been linked with a move to MLS. Earlier this year, the German club’s CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke said the club was interested in establishing a presence in the MLS to help grow its brand in North America.
Following in the footsteps of its sister club, Borussia Dortmund has announced that it has signed a partnership agreement that will see the club set up a youth academy in the area of Bellingham, Washington State, in the United States. The news was revealed when the club’s chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke was in the region to attend the opening of the club’s new training center in the town.
The summer transfer window for Europe’s major leagues has ended! Following a summer of international football, a slew of teams waited until the last minute to finalize their deals. Here you can see all of the key signings and see how we rated them. However, just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue.
Dortmund dig down their heels as Bellingham approaches
Despite interest from Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund is likely to reject any offer for wonderkid Jude Bellingham, according to Sport1 writer Patrick Berger.
Jurgen Klopp is believed to be keeping an eye on the England international, with a view to bringing him in next summer to strengthen his midfield options.
The 18-year-contract old’s has four years remaining on it, and there is no release clause, enabling the Bundesliga club to stick to their guns and not lose the midfielder.
Bellingham joined Dortmund for about £20 million last season after being the Blues’ youngest ever player to feature for the club at the age of 16 years old. The transfer price was a global record for a 17-year-old player.
He has been a part of Gareth Southgate’s teams since then, earning his England debut in November 2020 and appearing in three European Championships.
In terms of Liverpool, Klopp lost Georginio Wijnaldum on a free transfer at the conclusion of his contract in the summer and was unable to locate a replacement, but has since been connected with a few players to fill the gap.
Bellingham has played alongside Liverpool players in the England team before, most notably lining up in midfield with Trent Alexander-Arnold and Jordan Henderson against Andorra at Wembley.
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to Spanish newspaper AS, Real Madrid is interested in signing Agustin Alvarez, a 20-year-old attacker. Los Blancos are reportedly interested in the kid as they continue their hunt for potential talent in foreign markets, according to the article. He now plays in Uruguay’s top division for Penarol. Alvarez made his international debut for Uruguay against Bolivia on Monday, scoring twice in a 4-2 win.
• Best movements by Barnwell: 100-51 | 50-1 • The most recent significant transfers • January transfer grades
– According to Calciomercato, Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic is poised to sign a new deal with the Serie A club, although he may still depart before the new term expires. The 21-year-old was connected with a number of teams during the summer transfer window, but he chose to remain with his present club. The rumored new contract would keep Vlahovic with the club until 2025, making him the highest-paid player in the club’s history, with annual earnings of almost €5 million plus bonuses. However, a €80 million release clause is likely to be added, which may result in his departure.
– Liverpool have joined the battle to acquire AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie, perhaps in exchange for Thiago Alcantara. According to Calciomercato, the Reds have joined Tottenham Hotspur and Paris Saint-Germain in discussing a transfer for the Ivory Coast international. The 24-year-current old’s contract has just one year remaining on it, which means the Rossoneri may lose him for nothing. In January, non-Serie A clubs would be allowed to sign him on a pre-contract deal.
– According to the Liverpool Echo, Everton are keeping an eye on Burnley winger Dwight McNeil ahead of a possible transfer to Merseyside. According to the report, new Toffees manager Rafa Benitez was interested in signing the England youth international this summer but was eventually hampered by the club’s financial constraints. As a result, the focus shifts to future transfer windows as well as McNeil’s progress in the next season.
– After signing Marcel Sabitzer from RB Leipzig, Bayern Munich is chasing Konrad Laimer from the same club. According to Calciomercato, the Bundesliga champions are interested in signing the midfielder. At the European Championships, the Austrian international appeared in every game for his country, scoring one assist, while his colleague Sabitzer had the same numbers.
The club is still pursuing deals to bring some players over from Germany this summer, but the Premier League has been the club’s primary focus. According to the Guardian , Dortmund are looking for a goalkeeper, a winger, a central defender, a central midfielder, an “offensive creator” and a winger with the ability to create chances for teammates. What does Dortmund think of Bellingham? Well, Dave Donaldson, their youth academy manager, had this to say, “The club are very proud of the progress the club has made over the past four or five years. We are looking for a new home for the club’s centre of excellence.”. Read more about bellingham contract dortmund and let us know what you think.
- how much did dortmund pay for haaland
- bbc football
- dortmund schedule